Exercise is vital for people with CKD (chronic kidney disease). This is because the decrease in kidney function affects your bones and muscles. You may be short of breath, feel weak, have no energy, and experience pain in your joints.
Some people may not know about it, but through regular exercise, a person with chronic kidney disease may be able to enjoy a much higher quality of life. Exercise can even reduce the risk of chronic kidney disease by lowering the risk of diabetes and cardiovascular disease. Here are a few of the benefits of exercise for people with kidney disease.
- It helps improve their muscles, joints, and physical functioning.
- It lowers the level of their blood fats, such as cholesterol and triglycerides. It also helps lower their blood pressure levels and makes it easier for them to manage their blood pressure at healthy levels.
- It increases their strength, improves mood, and enhances their energy levels.
- It allows them to manage and maintain a healthier weight and to have better control of their body weight.
- It helps them manage a wide variety of health issues that are associated with their kidney disease.
Are you looking for a dialysis center in Houston, Texas? Look no further than South Belt Kidney Center!
We offer a wide range of reliable outpatient services such as dialysis services, home hemodialysis, and peritoneal dialysis services. We aim to help adults with acute or chronic kidney failure by improving their chances of survival, boosting their recovery, and preventing relapses.
For the best kidney center in Texas, please feel free to reach out to us at 281-506-8470